About the doctor
Dr. Richard Gillespie is the owner and founder of San Marcos Chiropractic Center and has been serving San Marcos and Hays County residents since 1980. During that time, he has treated thousands of patients with symptoms ranging from lower back conditions and chronic headaches to shoulder and extremity strain/sprains. Dr. Gillespie has had over 30 years experience in treating auto accidents, sports injuries, workers compensation injuries and chronic back pain.
Some of Dr. Gillespie's accomplishments:
- Appointed by Texas Governor George Bush to the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners and served as Vice President of the Board for 6 years
- Has lectured extensively in elementary schools, high schools and colleges.
- Served for over 20 years in various positions with the Texas Chiropractic Association
- Served as a member of the Texas Chiropractic College Board of Regents
- Official Training Camp Chiropractor for the Houston Oilers Football Team
- Served on the Test Review Committee and is a Part IV Test Administrator of the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
- Army Commendation Medal for Distinguished Service in the Republic of Vietnam
- Has served on the Boards of the San Marcos Rotary Club, San Marcos Area Food Bank, Hays County Crime Stoppers and the San Marcos Police Advisory Commission
- Served as a Texas Representative to the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners and the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards
- Has served 3 terms as Texas West Alternate Delegate to the American Chiropractic Association
- Inducted as a Fellow of the prestigious Fellow of the International College of Chiropractors
- Winner of the prestigious Keeler Award for Best Chiropractor in Texas